- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 4 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup warm water
- 6 medium gluten free sausages
- ¼ cup red cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup white cabbage shredded
- ¾ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar free tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar free dijon mustard
Nothing is as exciting and fun as preparing a meal at the comfort of your home. Guess what? These keto hot dogs are one of those classic meals you can make with ease and comfort. Within 40 minutes, you are good to go. You are gonna love it! Prepare it for your loved ones, family, and friends to keep them healthy. Reclaim your health by eating this low carb and keto version hot dog. This meal is not only perfect for weekday dinner, but it is also ideal for a party- be it bonfire night, or super bowl night. For this recipe, we are making use of high-quality sausages and a quick slaw in homemade keto hot dog buns, topped with mustard and sugar-free ketchup. The dough of this special keto hot dog is fluffy and soft inside yet crispy on the outside. You will never suspect they are keto! Even though this version makes use of simple keto slaw, you are still free to fill it with whatever sausage flavor of your choice as long as it doesn’t contain any fillers or binders. Do you want to make it classic? Top it up with homemade keto mayonnaise, mustard, and sugar-free ketchup. Make it more fun by adding shredded baby gem lettuce, or even a few slices of tomatoes and cucumber. That’s gonna be fantastic! For the buns, you will need egg whites, eggs, almond flour, butter melted, psyllium husks, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. What about the hot dog filling? All you need to get are - tasty quality sausages that are gluten-free, white, and red cabbage that has been shredded, extra virgin olive oil, chopped parsley, and sugar-free tomato ketchup and Dijon mustard. Are you ready to dive into the world of the best keto hot dog? Let’s go!
- The magic begins with preheating your oven to about 350ºF.
- Beat the eggs and egg whites together, then add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until it becomes a smooth dough (do not over-mix at this stage). What you need to do next is to split the dough, shape it into small hot dog rolls, place the shaped doughs on a baking tray, and bake for about 35 minutes until they turn golden and cooked through. Once they turn golden, remove them from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the buns are cooking, place your sausages in the baking tray and bake them. This should take you about 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your sausages.
- All you have left to do is to make the quick slaw and stuff your keto hot dog buns with the lot! To do that, simply combine the cabbage and parsley together with a little olive oil.
- Then stuff the low carb hot dog rolls with slaw, top it with a gluten-free sausage, and a drizzle of sugar-free ketchup and mustard. Your best keto hot dogs are ready, enjoy!!!
To have a perfectly fluffy keto bund, make use of fresh baking powder! Beat your eggs to make them super frothy with plenty of air bubbles. The eggs should be at room temperature too. Also, make use of warm water.