- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Club soda
- 2 sprigs sweet basil or 2 thin lime wedges (for garnish)
Blackberry Fizzy Gin is a perfect way to add color to your cocktail party. This recipe is easy to make, so you can’t go wrong! Fizzy gins are known for their carbonation (usually provided by sparkling water or club soda), something sour, like lemon or lime, a bit of sugar, and ice.
To make the recipe, you will need fresh blackberries, sugar, 3-4 shots of gin, fresh lime juice, club soda or carbonated water, and lime wedges for garnishing. This is a double recipe, so that you will need two glasses.
- In a blender, puree the blackberry and sugar until they become as liquefied as possible.
- Strain the puree into two glass cups using a fine-mesh sieve or strainer (preventing the seeds from passing through). Put the gin and lime juice into each of the glasses; stir to combine.
- Then add ice to the drinks and top each with club soda. Finally, add the wedge of lime as the garnish.