- 1 pound whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings
- Firstly, Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and cool the pasta completely.
- While pasta is cooking, dice the bacon and cook over medium-high heat until bacon is crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels reserving 1 tablespoon of grease.
- Mix together bacon drippings, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the dressing, cooked and cooled pasta, dried oregano and thyme, lettuce and bacon bits until evenly distributed.