Serves: 24 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup bourbon of choice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 cups vanilla frosting, store-bought or homemade
- Pinch of salt
If you enjoy a good old slice of pecan pie, then you'll be obsessed with these Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes. The bourbon kicks up the taste of the chocolate cupcakes, while the pecan pie filling is perfect on the inside. Bake up a batch!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a cupcake tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add chocolate cake mix, vegetable oil, water, eggs, and bourbon. Mix until fully combined. Fill cupcake tins about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, make the pecan pie filling. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt. Whisk until mixture is smooth and lightly boiling. Add in chopped pecans. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, use either a small circle cutter or a knife to cut a small circle from the center of each cupcake. Fill with pecan pie filling.
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner cut off. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. If desired, top with a pecan for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!