- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup bourbon of choice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 cups vanilla frosting, store-bought or homemade
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a cupcake tin. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add chocolate cake mix, vegetable oil, water, eggs, and bourbon. Mix until fully combined. Fill cupcake tins about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, make the pecan pie filling. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt. Whisk until mixture is smooth and lightly boiling. Add in chopped pecans. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, use either a small circle cutter or a knife to cut a small circle from the center of each cupcake. Fill with pecan pie filling.
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner cut off. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. If desired, top with a pecan for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!