- 2 pounds pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- Zest of lemon
- Additional fresh cracked black pepper and salt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons flour
If you ever find yourself craving pork chops you should try this recipe. The outcome of this recipe is tender, luscious pork chops cooked in milk and coated graciously in creamy dijon mustard sauce.
You must have had or heard about dijon mustard sauce with pork, well this is an upgrade on that with the addition of spices and garlic – now imagine how insanely delicious it is. Life is good – have the ultimate dining experience with your friends and family with this braised pork chops in milk dish. Careful not to get addicted because this dish is so good!
You don’t have to worry about spending so much time in the kitchen, this recipe is pretty straightforward. Bone-in or boneless pork chops can be used and if they are too thick, you can pound them to reduce their thickness.
This is where it gets tricky, your cooking time depends on the thickness of your pork chops – the thicker pieces take a long time to bake, so if you decide to pound yours make sure to watch closely as they'd get tender faster. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205°C). Season both sides of pork chops with ground cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large oven proof skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter on medium high heat. Sear both sides of the pork chops until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter, add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bay leaf, milk, thyme, dijon mustard, and lemon zest. Stir to combine all ingredients. Bring liquid to a low simmer. Taste the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place pork chops back into the skillet and cover with a lid or aluminum foil. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake the pork chops for about 15-30 minutes or until fully cooked and to your desired tenderness.
- After pork chops are cooked, serve with the milk-mustard sauce. Garnish with extra thyme to make it pretty.
If you want to make a delicious and thicker gravy out of the sauce, then remove the pork from the pan. Heat up the pan of milk sauce again to a low simmer. Whisk in a tablespoon or two butter and flour until all flour clumps are removed. Sauce will get thicker as it cooks. Once gravy is thick and creamy, remove from heat and serve immediately.