Serves: 1 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 green onion white parts and greens, divided
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 2-3 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice preferably day-old
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Balakian Farms Organic Blended Orange Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 eggs large
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of salt
- Ketchup, for garnish
- Greens of onion, for garnish
- In a large pan, over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside, leaving bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the white parts of green onion and yellow onion. Cook until fragrant. Add carrot and mushroom, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice, soy sauce, and Balakian Farms Organic Blended Orange Heirloom Tomatoes and mix to combine, ensuring all grains are evenly coated. Sautee for an additional 2-3 minutes then add back in bacon. Remove from heat and add to a small bowl, pressing down to shape the rice.
- Make the omelet: Combine eggs, milk, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, and pour in the egg mixture. Lightly scramble for a few seconds until the eggs are about 80% cooked through, and remove from heat.
- Place a large plate over the bowl of rice, hold it in the center, and flip carefully to plate the rice in a dome shape.
- Cover the rice with the egg omelet, and garnish with ketchup and greens of onion to serve.