- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of chili flakes, more if desired
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
You know when you go to Panera Bread and you're like, "Their Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the best. I wish I could have this at home all the time." Well, now you can! Follow this recipe and enjoy Broccoli Cheddar Soup whenever you want. And if you're a vegetarian, replace the chicken broth with veggie broth and you're good to go!
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, and broccoli. Stir. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- To the pot, slowly add chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Stir and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until soup thickens.
- Once the soup is thick, stir in cheddar cheese and heat until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with warm bread and enjoy it!