Serves: 6 People
Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced in smaller pieces
- ½ cup chopped head of celery
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheese for serving
- 1 cup croutons for serving
- 1 cup broccoli florets for serving
- In a large pot warm the olive oil and start cooking the diced onion, chopped head of celery, diced carrot, potato, and minced garlic cloves. Stir in the broccoli florets as well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the vegetable broth, mustard, and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- With the help of a high-speed blender puree the whole veggies and bring them again to medium heat.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the soup in a serving bowl and garnish with olive oil, baked croutons, and baked broccoli florets.