- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli on the stem (or 24 ounces packaged broccoli slaw and skip carrots)
- 2 medium carrots
- ½ cup mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black ground pepper
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
Being a vegetarian comes with many health benefits. You’ll get to keep and maintain your weight; have lower cholesterol, with a lesser risk of being diagnosed with cancer and cardiovascular disease. This brings us to this fantastic recipe…Broccoli Slaw. You’re definitely gonna love Broccoli Slaw – especially if you’re a lover of coleslaw. Why? Because Broccoli Slaw is like a combo of broccoli salad and creamy coleslaw. So, why settle or decide between the two when you can definitely have both in a single meal? It’s a perfect alternative and a healthier option – with a long list of health benefits. It’s often mixed with carrots and onions too. However, to have the best of this slaw salad, make sure to use only fresh ingredients to prepare it.
The vegetable nutrients can be absorbed better only when they’re fresh. Broccoli slaw is quite easy to prepare. The only stressful part is chopping the veggies. However, if you’ve got a food processor (with a slicing and grating blade), then you’ll have a smooth ride. Then you’ll mix up the dressing and throw it over the veggies. Here is another good thing about Broccoli Slaw that is definitely going to make both the vegans and non-vegans happy!
For the vegans, you can throw in some sweet and crunchy elements such as sliced almonds, dried cranberries or currants, sunflower seeds, cauliflower, julienned green apple, and other vegetables. While the non-vegans can top their Broccoli Slaw with grilled chicken, fish, and meats. Perfect, isn’t it? So, why not make a tasty Broccoli Slaw today and enjoy its excellent flavor, savory taste, and benefits? You’re definitely gonna have a good time preparing and eating this delicious and crunchy food.
- Using a food processor, fit a slicing blade to the food processor. Trim off any brown bits from the florets and stems, and then cut the florets off the stem. Throw in the florets into the food processor and thinly slice them.
- Now, peel and cut the stems of the broccoli and carrots to pieces that will fit into the food processor. Then switch the blade to the grating blade and feed them through the food processor.
- Alternatively, slice the florets thinly using a sharp knife. Then make use of a box grater to grate the peeled broccoli stems and carrots. Place the sliced vegetables into a large bowl and set aside.
- Next, prepare the dressing. Simply mix or whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, dill, celery seed, kosher salt, and several grinds fresh ground pepper in a small bowl. Then combine your sliced veggies with the prepared dressing.
- To mix, pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir until well coated. For crunchiness, stir in any of the earlier mentioned crunchy elements. Serve and eat immediately. Enjoy!