- 1 cup butter
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unicorn droppings (vanilla chocolate chips)
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat, then bring to a boil. Once butter starts boiling, swirl the butter around until the foamy phase pasees and becomes a deep amber color. Remove from heat and cool for 20 minutes.
- While butter is cooling, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and fleur de sel, set aside.
- Add in brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the cooled butter in the saucepan and stir well to combine. Pour into flour mixture and stir using a spatula until dough has formed. Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, set the dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden. Immediately after taking out form the oven sprinkle fleur de sel lightly on each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle fleur de sel lightly on each cookie if more salt is desired.