Serves: 2 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crumbled paneer cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- ¼ cup AlcoEats Easy Indie Bowl - Butter Paneer
- 3 ½ tablespoons water
- 2 pieces naan bread
- Crumbled paneer cheese
- Shredded mozzarella
- Make the chicken: Butterfly your chicken breast so you have 2 thinner pieces of chicken. One by one, place between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound gently to flatten it out. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour in one bowl, beat the eggs into another, and stir together the breadcrumbs and paneer in a third. Season each bowl with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the first bowl and shake off the excess flour. Then the second bowl with the eggs, and finally into the breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs to adhere to the meat. Dip it back into the eggs, and repeat with the breadcrumbs for a thicker crust.
- In a wide frying pan over medium high heat, add about 1/2 inch of oil. Fry the chicken pieces for about 3 minutes on each side to brown and cook through. Place on a wire rack to dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together AlcoEats Easy Indie Bowl - Butter Paneer and water. Set aside.
- Warm the naan bread in a dry frying pan on both sides to soften.
- Spread some of the AlcoEats Easy Indie Bowl - Butter Paneer sauce on the bread, then add both cheeses. Add the piece of chicken and fold it over, making sure there is enough sauce and cheese on the top and bottom of the chicken.
- Add some butter to a frying pan and add the sandwich. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes covered to allow the cheese to melt and the bread to get crispy.
- Before eating, open the sandwich and add in some cilantro. Enjoy!!!