Serves: 9 people
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons milk for brushing
- Butter and fresh raspberries for serving
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, butter, vanilla extract and the buttermilk.
- Start mixing until soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough on a working surface that is lightly dusted with flour.
- Roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin until 1-inch thickness.
- With the round cookie cutter cut the scones and arrange them in a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each scone with the milk and let them cook in already heated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown in color.
- Let it cool slightly and serve with butter and fresh raspberries and enjoy.