- 2 cups (283 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) salt
- 2¼ cups (540 ml) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ½ teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for greasing the pan
I’ve always hated making pancakes because I thought I was never good at it. This recipe, however, makes it easy. If when you try to make pancakes they usually end up burnt on the outside and gooey on the inside… as it has to me, this recipe is perfect for you. It will walk you through all the ins and outs of pancake making in order to make your pancakes taste and look professional. It's not hard either.
Everything is written step by step and easy to understand. This recipe doesn't take too long to put together either. It will only take you about 15 minutes, then allow 15 minutes to cook them and in half an hour you can have your own homemade, fluffy pancakes you can be proud of. Some of the tips in this recipe are using room temperature ingredients, using medium heat (never put the stove on high), and how to tell when it's time to flip a pancake over.
Also, don’t be afraid of the first few pancakes not being perfect. Just adjust the heat and try again. The first step in making these amazing pancakes is putting the eggs in the mixer until frothy. Then add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla. This mixture is then set aside. In another bowl the dry ingredients are mixed together. Then mix the dry and wet ingredients and allow your mixture to rest 5 minutes. Lastly, heat up your skillet or griddle and cook your pancakes. That's it. You're simple and stress free super fluffy pancakes are done.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Pour the buttermilk into the well, then add the eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Beginning in the center, whisk everything together, moving towards the outside of the bowl, until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes while you preheat your pan or griddle.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over low heat for 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet, then increase the heat to medium-low. Using 1/3 cup measure, ladle the batter onto the pan or griddle.
- Cook until edges are set, first side is golden brown, and there are bubbles on the surface, 2 to 4 minutes. Using a thin, wide spatula, flip pancakes and continue to cook until second side is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the pancakes to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet, and keep in the preheated oven until ready to serve. Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.