- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 leeks, sliced, light green white parts only
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 eggs
- Oil, for frying
- Aioli, for topping or dipping
- In a mixing bowl add the shredded cabbage and leeks.
- Add in the flour, salt, pepper and egg and mix together with your hands.
- Heat skillet then add in the oil. Drop small handfulls of cabbage mixture into the oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Take out and plate on paper towels to drain then transfer to a plate. Make as many as you can with the mixture, or cover and save for a later.
- Top fritters with a spoonful of aioli and enjoy with a cold Irish mule.