Serves: 8 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, seasoned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk, warmed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Firstly, Pound out chicken briefly between saran wrap. Season both sides of the chicken with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, flip and repeat. Remove from heat.
- Slice chicken and cover to keep warm and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter & add garlic.
- Add the flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes (or until the mixture turns light brown).
- Remove from heat and gradually pour in the warm milk, whisking constantly.
- Return the pan to the heat, whisk another 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
- Add the cheeses, stirring to melt.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the cooked elbow macaroni. Stir to combine.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Top with the sliced chicken breast
- In conclusion, Season with salt and pepper, and top with chopped parsley.