- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into even bite-sized pieces
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Cake mix chicken nuggets recipe is one of the ways of making a delicious homemade chicken nugget recipe. Here, the flour is substituted for the cake mix, and they are all the same baked. Although, the cake mix chicken nuggets recipe are not refined and classy eating. But to be truthful, is there anything better than a chicken nugget prepared, right?
I know some would prefer frying to baking, but the truth is that both will come out very well. We will see the baking procedure here. The cake mix is necessary since we will be baking. The cake mix or cake flour is a very finely flour milled from soft winter wheat. It has lower protein content than the regular or all-purpose flour, and it is more elegant, lighter, and softer. Since it also bleached, the color is paler, and its grain is less dense.
Due to its low protein content, cake mix or cake flour produces less gluten. For the chicken nuggets, using the cake mix, we will get a light, soft, and tender, with a fine crumb. The cake mix is the secret to the sweet and spicy chicken nuggets. The cake mix adds a sweet touch to the chicken breast before the chicken is dunk in the eggs and panko. Along with everything, you’ll get the chicken nuggets to be juicy meat and crispy breading. The cake mix gives a sweet and delicious twist to the chicken nuggets. A good part of the recipe is that it contains no fish, pork,red meat, and no oil.
The ingredients also used are the everyday useable ingredients. Seasonings are essential ingredients also used here, and they include salt, cayenne pepper, fresh ground black pepper, and paprika, etc. The cake mix chicken nuggets are crispy, packed with flavor, and very easy to make.
Preparation time is 20 minutes. The Cook time is 20 minutes, while the total time is 40 minutes plus marinating. The ingredients to use are large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces), white cake mix, beaten eggs, panko breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, and salt. To get the best out of the cake mix chicken nuggets, my friend and I go for the baked cake mix chicken nuggets To prepare the delicious and irresistible cake mix chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 425ᵒF. Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside.
- The ingredients should be put into three separate big, shallow bowls. To one of the bowls, put the cake mix. The beaten eggs should be placed in the second bowl
- To the last bowl, put the sauces including panko, garlic powder, cayenne & black pepper, and salt.
- Taking the chicken pieces one at a time, Dredge in the cake mix, making sure it is coated and shaking off any excess; dip in the beaten eggs. Then finally, in the sauce bowl mixture, thoroughly coating each piece.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet, then repeat with the remainder of the pieces.
- Bake until golden-brown color shows on the chicken nuggets and wait for 10 minutes before removing from the oven. Then serve almost immediately.