- One box of white cake mix plus the fixn's needed to make it
- Yellow and orange food coloring
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped topping
- Candy corn
- Make the cake batter as directed. Then divide it into three equal parts. Color one yellow, one orange, and leave one alone. Make sure you add enough to make it really vibrant.
- Spread the orange layer evenly across the bottom, and then stick it in the freezer (make sure it is sitting flat). Leave it in there for 20 minutes.
- As soon as you pull it out, very carefully add the yellow layer. Put it back in the freezer for 20 more minutes.
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the cake mix.
- Taking out the cake batter pan, again, carefully spread the white layer.
- Bake according to package directions.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes throughout the cake with the end of a wooden wand. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cake.
- Refrigerate overnight. Right before serving, top with whipped topping, candy corn.