Skip to content
For the Dough:
For the Filling:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons marsala
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Chopped pistachios for rolling
- 2 oz. melted dark chocolate for coating the cannoli
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, margarine, egg, wine, vinegar and water.
- Mix them until combined and soft dough forms.
- Let it sit in the freezer for 20 minutes and then roll it out on a lightly floured working surface very thinly.
- With a round cookie cutter cut circles and arrange them to cannoli molds sealing them with egg white.
- Let them fry for about 2-3 minutes on each side and remove them from shells immediately.
- Dip them little in dark chocolate and coat them with chopped pistachios on both ends.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest, and rum extract.
- Fill the cannoli with the ricotta filling and serve them immediately.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.