- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 4 2 in thick slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar-for serving
- Mixed berry syrup-for serving
- Whipped cream-for serving
- Firstly In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk the eggs and heavy cream together. Spread 2 slices of the bread with the ricotta mixture, about 1/2 cup per slice. Place the other slices of bread on top and gently press them together. Carefully dip both sides of each sandwich into the egg mixture until well coated.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the French toast sandwiches and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. In conclusion, Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately with berry syrup and whipped cream.