- Graham Cookies Base:
- 1 cup ( 8 ounces, 2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (11.25 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crused graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ salt
- Caramel Peanut Butter Layer:
- 10-12 ounces ( 340g ) dulce de leche
- ¼ cup cream or milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ to 2 cups ( 9-12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
2. In an electric stand mixer or in a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
3. Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. On low speed, mix until combined.
4. Press half ( or slightly more than half) of the dough evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dulche de leche and cream or milk and mix well. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
6. Spread the caramel and peanut butter mixture over the layer of cookie dough in the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top in small pieces.
7. Bake the bars until golden brown but still soft ( don’t over bake), about 20-25 minutes. The caramel may seem runny but if the cookie dough part is golden and soft-set, take the bars out. Cool completely. Cut into squares and serve ( chilled, room temp or warm).