- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough
- 1 cup of marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 8 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 10 ounce package baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your broiler or the oven to 500 Fahrenheit Then put your cast iron skillet over a burner for 3-4 minutes. Heat olive oil after 2 minutes.
- Flour your work surface and roll the pizza dough out until it fits the size of your skillet. When you have the right size drop it into the skillet and turn off the heat.
- Quickly top with sauce, cheese, pepper flakes, prosciutto, and place in the broiler or oven. You have to watch carefully as the dough will cook quickly and can burn. Broil for about a minute and make sure to rotate it so it cooks evenly. If the dough is getting too charred shut off the broiler and just let it sit in the already hot oven to cook the dough the rest of the way.
- Remove from the oven and slide the pizza out of the skillet. Toss baby spinach with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, and maybe a pinch of red pepper flakes. Top pizza with spinach and parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy!