Serves: 15 people
Cooking Time: 32 minutes
- 4 cups whole Cheetos puffs, divided
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup crumbled bacon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup 2 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp orange gel food coloring
- In a food processor, pulse Cheetos until finely ground. Alternatively, place in a zip-top bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, half of the crushed Cheetos, cream of tartar, salt, baking soda, and crumbled bacon.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, shortening, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and food coloring, if using, and mix until creamy. Add the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Place the remaining Cheetos crumbs and granulated sugar into a shallow bowl. Using a small cookie scoop, make tablespoon-sized dough balls. Roll into a ball in your hands and then roll in the crumbs. Place balls on a tray or plate. Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place cookies on a pan 2 inches apart and bake for 8-12 minutes. Allow cooling for 5 minutes before transferring Cheetos Cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy Cheetos Cookies!