Chef Thomas Raquel’s Date and Honey Tart
Serves: 2 people
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 sheet frozen pie crust
- 1 jar Yoffi date spread
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon, for dusting
A great option for a Holiday dessert, this tart is filling and rich, sweet with date spread and honey. Don’t skimp on the cinnamon and sugar; they add a brightness that enlivens the tart.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and thaw 1 sheet of frozen pie crust.
- Lay the pie crust into a 6-inch pie pan. Using a sharp knife, trim the overhang from the sides. Line the dough with foil and weigh it down with pie weights, then bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and pie weights and bake 5 minutes more.
- In a bowl, whisk together date spread, honey, heavy whipping cream, egg, and cornstarch until smooth. Pour into the par-baked tart shell and return to the oven for 25 to 30 minutes more, then cool on a wire rack until firm.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon, serve and enjoy!