Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 4 large dill pickles
- 1 cup bloody mary mix
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pickle brine
- 1 packet gelatin
- Firstly, Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the top quarter off of the bread. Use the brie wheel to measure a circle in the middle of the bread. Use a knife to trace a circle around it, then scoop out the middle of the bread.
- Cut slices around the edge of the bread about 1.5 inches apart - cut about 3/4 of the way, but not all the way through the bottom. This will create pull apart pieces for people to pull and dip after the bread is done.
- Brush the inside of the bread with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the thyme. Place the brie wheel in the hollowed-out center. Sprinkle the rest of the thyme over the top. Spoon the cherry sauce over the brie.
- Replace the top of the bread and bake for about 20 minutes. Be sure to line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper as some of the brie might ooze out of the bread. In conclusion, if desired, toast the extra bread that you scooped out of the middle for serving. Serve Cherry Brie Bowl immediately with more thyme leaves as garnish.