- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup chocolate
- Coarse salt
- Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. It will boil and turn a honey color and then it will turn a caramel color. As soon as the dark caramel color appears, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the butter and cream. Stir until the caramel is smooth. Add the vanilla and mix it in well.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies and then pour the mixture onto the parchment paper. Press it out to a pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips and spread evenly over the bars. Sprinkle with coarse salt before the chocolate hardens.
- After the chocolate hardens cut into bars and store in an airtight container