Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 minutes
For the Chicken Salad:
- 4 cups quinoa tabbouleh
- 1 pound grilled chicken shawarma, sliced
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced/grated
- Salt to taste
- Water to taste
For the Quinoa Salad:
- Simply boil some water and add the quinoa, once it’s tender mix the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint, and some green onion, spray some lemon juice, add extra salt and pepper and a touch of olive oil.
- Boneless chicken breasts will be needed and marinate them with lemon juice, garlic, and shawarma seasoning (a mix of cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric powder, cayenne, ground cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, and salt).
- Then simply cook it at medium heat.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl of water and mix with baking soda the night before.
- The next day boil the chickpeas until they get soft enough to be able to mash them with the fingers and peel the skin.
- Make a puree with the peeled chickpeas and mix in a blender or food processor with some tahini, garlic and lemon juice.
- The only thing is needed to do hummus, quinoa salad and grilled chicken shawarma sliced is to assemble the salad, base being the quinoa salad, then add some of the hummus, top it with the sliced grilled chicken shawarma and top it with the lemon tahini dressing. Garnish the salad with some avocado slices, feta cheese, and olives.
- Chicken Shawarma Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad Bowls is ready, Enjoy!