- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, about 1 cup, shredded
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Tony Chachere's Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Tony Chachere's Creole Style Chicken Marinade
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
Today we bring you a great dinner recipe – Chicken Skewers with Bacon Ranch Coleslaw. The secrets to this incredibly flavored dish are 3 products from Tony Chachere’s Creole Cuisine; original creole seasoning, creole style ranch salad dressing, creole style chicken 30-minute marinade. The ranch salad dressing transforms your coleslaw into a more flavorful side that blends well with the chicken, onion skewers, and pepper.
Making the skewers is as easy as it gets, all you have to do is use Tony’s marinade to marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes and then add finely sliced onions with yellow and green peppers. While the chicken is marinating, proceed to make a creamy, luscious improvement on the regular coleslaw. The coleslaw is made from the simple combination of red onion, carrots, bacon, green peppers, red and green cabbage, and a little granulated sugar all whipped into Tony’s creole style ranch dressing. What else are you waiting for? Rush to the grocery store to pick up these ingredients and let’s have a great time in the kitchen!Bacon Ranch Cole Slaw:
- In a large skillet, over medium-high cook bacon until crispy. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Add the shredded green and red cabbage, shredded carrot, green pepper, red onion, and reserved bacon to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Tony Chachere's Ranch Dressing, granulated sugar, celery seed and pepper until well blended. Toss the cabbage mixture with the dressing until well combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Add the chicken cubes and Tony's Creole Style Chicken Marinade to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate for one hour.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from refrigerator and thread chicken cubes, peppers and onions on skewers. Spray the grill lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, turning once, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and place on a platter to serve with the cole slaw in a serving bowl on the side.