- 1 pound ground chicken or pork
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Black pepper
- 3/4 cup brown rice (short or medium grain)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 4 stalks scallions, minced
- Crispy noodles or crispy fried shallots, for topping
There is no way you will prepare Chinese Hotdish for your friends, family, friends, and they won’t love it. It is very easy to make and will last you more than you think. It is very comforting just like a new fleece blanket on a cold winter day. It is not a food you should miss.
They are perfect leftovers. If you are not from the northern Midwest, you might not know it as hotdish. It is also referred to as a casserole. You can consider hotdish as a casserole. But not all casseroles are hotdishes. Yes, you read that correctly, let me tell you why. A true hotdish has three main ingredients that must be present, meat, vegetables, and creamed soup.
Hotdish is not only practical to make, but lots of things can also be put into your casserole dish to make it hotdish. It could be hamburger+ meat + peas + cream of mushroom soup + tater tops, it can be pulled chicken + wild rice + celery + cream of chicken soup, it can also be chopped spam + macaroni noodles+ cream of mushroom soup +Velveeta cheese + onions, it all depends on how you want it.
The charm of the hotdish is that they are very delicious, and you can prepare them as quickly as possible. It is the cutest heart dish you will ever see! It is fun to make, it’s a kind of recipe that raises the head of Passersby. Its aroma wafts through the air, compelling neighbors to mosey in your direction.
It’s a meal for everyone. To prepare Chinese hotdish, all you need is a chicken or pork, soy sauce, chopped fresh ginger, black pepper, chicken broth, coconut milk, minced stalks scallions, and a crispy noodle for topping.
- The first thing you need to do is to preheat your oven to a temperature of about 375.
- In a small Dutch oven or store-safe dish, depending on the available one, brown your meat with the soy sauce, ginger and a few turns of black pepper.
- Once this is done, you need to add your brown rice, chicken broth, scallions, coconut milk, and swirl it a little bit.
- Bake it for about 1 ½ hours or more depending on how you want it, just make sure your rice is tender. At this point, it will still be slightly liquidly, you don’t need to be scared or worried, all you need to do is to allow it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Your Chinese hotdish is almost ready at this point, you are already at the final stage. The last thing you need to do is to top it with noodles or shallots, and enjoy it!
That’s how easy it is to make Chinese hotdish, very fast and convenient to make.