- 7 medium-sized red potatoes
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 can chipotle peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 -2 limes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in ice water
- Cut potatoes into wedges. Place in a saucepan and cover by more than an inch with cold water. Add salt to the water. Cover and bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, but not soft enough for mashed potatoes.
- While potatoes cook, chill sliced onions in ice water.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, chili powder, cilantro, lime juice, and chilled red onions.
- Add cooked potatoes to the bowl and mix to combine and coat potatoes. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve Chipotle Lime Potato Salad with a garnish of cilantro and enjoy!