- 6 Digestive Biscuits (The Original), broken into pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2/3 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a food processor, pulse the Digestive biscuits for about 30 seconds, or until finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. The mixture should look like crumbs or wet sand, and it should slightly clump together when squeezed in your hand.
- Place 4 mason jar rings on a small baking sheet. Place the lids with the rubber part facing down inside the rings. (The metal part is facing upwards).
- Divide the biscuit mixture among the Mason jar lids, and tamp down with a spoon or shot glass. Make sure the mixture also comes up the side of the lids.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Add the chopped chocolate in a microwave proof bowl. Then, microwave one minute on high. The chocolate will look shiny; stir it. Add ⅓ cup butter. Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each, until totally smooth. Divide the chocolate mixture among the crusts. Chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- About an hour before serving, remove the tarts from the refrigerator. Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate, top with fruit or flaked sea salt, and serve.