Serves: 22 people
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 ⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 22 Awake Caramel Chocolate Bites
- In a large bowl, add in the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, add in the unsalted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream the butter and sugars together with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until fluffy. Then add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until just combined then mix in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To assemble the cookies, take about a tablespoon of dough and slightly flatten it in the palm of your hand. Press an Awake Caramel Chocolate Bite into the dough. Take another tablespoon of dough and place it on top of the chocolate. Mold the dough around the chocolate until it is completely covered and formed into a ball. Place the cookies onto the baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake them in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges are set and the center is still soft. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 8-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!