Serves: 24 people
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Popcornopolis Double Drizzle Caramel & Kettle Popcorn for garnish
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- Make devil’s food cupcakes according to package directions and set them aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together softened butter, caramel, sea salt, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly beat in powdered sugar. Add heavy cream and whip until fluffy, about 3 minutes then set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium heat until it reaches a gentle simmer - do not let boil. Once simmering, add chocolate chips and let sit for 2-3 minutes to melt. Mix with a whisk until smooth and set aside.
- To assemble, cut a small hole in the middle of each cupcake with an apple core or a small knife. Fill with 1-2 teaspoons of caramel sauce.
- Pipe whipped caramel frosting on each cupcake with a large piping tip. Drizzle chocolate ganache over the top of the frosting and top with 5-6 pieces of Popcornopolis Double Drizzle Caramel & Kettle Popcorn.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!