- 3 overripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
Imagine turning something you normally wouldn't eat into a delicious dessert. Sounds almost too good to be true doesn't it? That's what I thought too until I crossed this delicious chocolate chip banana bread recipe. Here's what's so great about this recipe.
You can take those brown bananas that you were going to toss out and instead turn them into something delicious and it's simple to make, no advanced cooking skills required. Talk about a win-win, cut down on the amount of food you waste and end up with a delicious dessert in the process! It goes great with milk or just on its own.
It can be used as a dessert after a meal, something to grab a quick bite of when on the go, or as a late night snack (and who doesn't love those?). So here's how it goes. All you have to do is gather the eight ingredients that are required, those are overripe bananas (the brown ones), sugar, butter, Greek yogurt (yum and healthy!), some baking soda, flour, and chocolate chips (organic or otherwise).
- First preheat the oven to 350 and preheat a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Then get a bowl and mix together all of the wet ingredients and the sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas with the melted butter, stirring to combine. Add the brown sugar and white sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the greek yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Do not over mix! Fold the chocolate chips in last, folding a few times until just combined.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from loaf pan and serving!