- 3 (16.5-ounce) rolls pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 heaping cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fahrenheit. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide each log of cookie dough into 2 balls. On each baking sheet, place two cookie dough balls and flatten them into large discs.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Let cool for about 15 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, make the frosting. In a large bowl beat together the butter and peanut butter for 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in powdered sugar, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in heavy cream and salt, beat on high for 3 to 4 minutes, until buttercream is light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cake, on a cake stand or large serving dish, apply a thin layer of frosting, then place the first cookie layer on top. Apply a thin layer of frosting on top of the cookie and top with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.
- Serve Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Cake and enjoy!