Serves: 10 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/5 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3.36 oz greek yogurt (at room temperature)
- 2 oz semisweet baking chocolate (melted)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup warm water (not hot)
- 2 cups mascarpone
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 oz coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add coconut oil, yogurt, melted chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and water. Stir together until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan to room temperature.
- Collect the mascarpone and coconut cream in a bowl, frost for 5-10 minutes. Ingredients should be as cold as possible but not frozen. Add vanilla extract and whisk on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Spread cream over cooled cake and top with coconut chips.