- 1⅔ cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk 2%
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups marshmallows miniature
- 1½ cups chocolate chips dark
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-3 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- Line the inside of an 8-inch square pan with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt.
- Over medium heat, bring to a rolling boil while stirring constantly.
- Let the mixture boil for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Immediately add the marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla, and peppermint extracts.
- Stir the mixture until the marshmallows and chocolate are melted.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Smooth the surface with an offset spatula.
- Allow cooling for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top and gently press them into the surface.
- Chill for a few hours or until firm.
- Remove from pan and cut into 1" squares.
**Can be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 1 week.