- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ orange extract
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ baking soda
- 1 cup ice cream
- 1 tbsp orange zest (optional)
- For Chocolate Orange Ice Cream Cake, Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, oil, orange extract, and an egg. Then gradually add the water, and mix until combined and all the dry ingredients are dissolved completely.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- After the cake has cooled, cut in half horizontally and remove the upper part.
- Spread the ice cream on the bottom part together with orange zest. Place the top layer of the cake over the ice cream layer. Cover in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours (and up to 24 hours). Serve Chocolate Orange Ice Cream Cake