- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large egg
- 3/4 cup full fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup light olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (105g) flour
- 1 teaspoon (4g) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (65g) good quality Dutch process cocoa powder
- 4 g kosher salt (1 teaspoon)
- 6 tablespoons (85g) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (1 stick/113g) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (40g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup (230g) pistachio paste or pistachio butter
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pistachio extract (optional)
- 3 ounces (86g) dark chocolate (60-70%), finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (76mL) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
Chocolate & Pistachio Naked Layer Cake is the next dessert you should try out. It's so fluffy and succulent, you could almost eat it every day. There is no way you won’t love this delicious cake. We love everything about this gorgeous cake! It is so good!
The pistachio buttercream is creamy, nutty, and packed with incredible flavor. To make this cake more unusual, it is coated with chocolate ganache and garnished it with pistachio truffles! For the chocolate cake, you will need granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, Dutch-processed cocoa powder, baking powder, kosher salt, eggs, full-fat buttermilk, light olive oil or grapeseed oil, and vanilla extract. What about the chocolate crumb part? You will need to get flour, cornstarch, sugar, sugar, melted butter, and chopped pistachios, unsalted butter, powdered sugar, pistachio paste or butter, salt, and pistachio extract. You also need heavy cream, finely chopped dark chocolate, and unsalted butter for the ganache.For Chocolate Cake:
- Start by preheating your oven to a temperature of about 350ºF, line cake pans with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, mix butter, eggs, vanilla, and sugar together. In another bowl, combine the remaining chocolate ingredients together.
- Now, divide the cake between the pans and bake until the top is completely set, and the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the cake once baked, cool it, and slice it into layers.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Add the chocolate crumb ingredients, excluding melted butter together, and whisk until they become well mixed.
- Then add melted butter, and blend the mixture again. Spread the mixture on pan and bake. Allow it to cool and store it in your refrigerator.
- Place pistachios into a food processor, pulse it, and add powdered sugar, pistachio paste, and other ingredients. Then beat it until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Pour cream over melted chopped chocolate, let it sit for 30 seconds, and start whisking. Then add butter and other necessary ingredients.
- Fill each layer of the cake with buttercream, pour ganache over the top of the cake, and use a spatula to smooth out the top with reserved buttercream.
- Garnish the top of the cake with the whole pistachios and chopped chocolate truffles.
- Finally, allow the cake to stand in the refrigerator for a few hours to set. Remove about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!