- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces butter, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Once you've made this Chocolate Skillet Cake, you'll never be able to make anything else!1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an oven safe skillet. Set aside.
2) In a medium sauce pan, heat water, butter and cocoa powder over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3) In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract.
4) In another bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
5) Gently add egg mixture and chocolate mixture to flour. Stir to combine until completely smooth. Make sure chocolate mixture is completely cooled so it doesn't accidentally scramble the eggs.
6) Pour cake batter into greased skillet. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
7) Top with pecans, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Serve warm and enjoy!