Serves: 4-6 People
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to set
- 4 bags HighKey Snickerdoodle Mini Cookies
- 1 Tbs Coco Powder
- ½ cup Melted chocolate
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- Preheat Oven to 450* F.
- In a food processor, blend HighKey Snickerdoodle Mini Cookies and coco powder until mixture comes together and is no longer crumbly.
- Press mixture into springform pan and bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Turn down oven to 350*.
- While crust is cooling, melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted.
- Brush crust with melted chocolate and let set. You can place crust in the refrigerator to speed up the process.
Make Custard Filling:
- Add first 6 ingredients to bowl and mix until combined. Slowly whisk in Half and Half. Set aside.
Assemble and Bake:
- Once chocolate and crust is set, place on a baking sheet and put in the oven. To avoid spillage, pour custard filing into crust in oven.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a 1-inch area around outside edge is puffed and set (center will still be jiggly and appear undone). Cool on wire rack (pie will set upon cooling). Cover and chill within 2 hours (up to 24 hours). Cover with foil if top of custard seems to be browning too fast.