- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 12 miniature Reese’s Cups
- Colorful spinkles
InstructionsPrint This Recipe
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted together.
- Add green food coloring, until you reach a green tree color you like.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
- While Rice Krispies cool, make your frosting. In a bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup until smooth. Pour into a ziplock bag. Snip one small corner off for piping.
- Generously coat your hands with cooking spray. Grab a handful of Rice Krispies and mold them into a tree shape. Place on a lined baking sheet. For more Christmas Tree Rice Krispies, make the trees smaller.
- Use the frosting to stick a mini Reese’s cup to the bottom of each Rice Krispies tree to create a base. Pipe frosting onto the Rice Krispie trees like garlands. Cover in colorful sprinkles.
- Allow decorations to set. Serve and enjoy!