Serves: 8-12 people
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 12 miniature Reese’s Cups
- Colorful spinkles
It's the holidays! Happy holidays! Yay the holidays! Looking for something fun (and tasty) to make for Christmas this year? Quick! Make Christmas Tree Rice Krispies. Look how cute they are! Look!
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted together.
- Add green food coloring, until you reach a green tree color you like.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
- While Rice Krispies cool, make your frosting. In a bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup until smooth. Pour into a ziplock bag. Snip one small corner off for piping.
- Generously coat your hands with cooking spray. Grab a handful of Rice Krispies and mold them into a tree shape. Place on a lined baking sheet. For more Christmas Tree Rice Krispies, make the trees smaller.
- Use the frosting to stick a mini Reese’s cup to the bottom of each Rice Krispies tree to create a base. Pipe frosting onto the Rice Krispie trees like garlands. Cover in colorful sprinkles.
- Allow decorations to set. Serve and enjoy!