- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 apples, diced into cubes
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Mix until combined all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, butter, and mix until combined.
- Stir in the diced apples and set aside.
- In a big frying pan or pot warm some vegetable oil.
- Add dollops of the apple donuts in the hot oil and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a dust of powdered sugar.