Serves: 8 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Cinnamon sugar (1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- Vanilla ice cream
How do you make your ice cream sandwich even more epic? Make it a Churro Ice Cream Sandwich! Fry up some churros and top with vanilla ice cream, or your favorite flavor.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water, oil, sugar, and salt to a boil. Remove from heat. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until a thick, soft dough forms. Transfer dough to a piping bag. Use it as a star tip if you have one.
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully pipe churro batter into a spiral circle shape on a plate, and transfer into the hot oil. Fry churros on both sides for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer churros to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add churros to bowl and toss to coat.
- Sandwich vanilla ice cream (or ice cream of your choice) between two churros, serve and enjoy!