We all know how delicious onion rings are. But have you ever thought about making a dessert ring? Specifically, one with apples that are covered in cinnamon sugar? Because if you haven't, you need to make Cinnamon Apple Rings. So, so, so GOOD!
- Peel and slice apples into 1/4 inch slices. Cut out the core to make ring shapes.
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup of flour. In a smaller bowl, add 1/2 cup of flour.
- To the 1 cup of flour, add cinnamon and sugar. Whisk together. Add vinegar, egg, and milk. Continue whisking until you have a smooth batter.
- Over high heat, fill a deep skillet with oil, about halfway. Heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin coating your apple rings. Dredge them first in the flour, then in the batter, making sure to thoroughly coat them.
- Carefully add coated apple rings to the oil, frying in small batches for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Make sure to flip the rings, so they fry evenly.
- Remove rings from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. While they're still hot, cover in cinnamon sugar.
- Garnish with caramel sauce and powdered sugar. Serve Cinnamon Apple Rings and enjoy!