- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter, sugar, water, and salt. Stir until combined and let it come to a boil.
- Add flour and stir until dough forms. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, add egg and vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Scoop dough into a piping bag or a ziplock back with one corner cut off. For more churro-like results, use a star piping tip.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Carefully pipe strips of dough into the hot oil. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden and crispy all around.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Continue piping until dough is finished.
- While churros are hot, cover with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Serve Cinnamon Churro Sticks and enjoy!