Serves: 2 people
- 2 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package instant yeast (1 packet = 2 and ¼ teaspoons)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- To Make dough: In large bowl, mix the flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside. In a small microwavable bowl, heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted (about 30-45 seconds). Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and knead with hand or with stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky. Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- To Make Filling: In a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredints. Set aside
- After the dough has proofed, punch it down then transfer it to a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out in a 15x9 inch rectangle. Generously spread the filling across the dough then roll up the dough tightly and cut into even 1 inch rounds. Place as many cinnamon rolls as you can inside the pumpkin, taking care to space them evenly and make sure the spiral of the rolls is intact.
- Allow the rolls to proof again for 45 minutes to an hour.
- When ready to bake the rolls preheat the oven to 375F. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 35-45 minutes minutes or until golden.
- While the rolls are baking make the glaze by combing all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Once golden brown and risen, remove rolls from oven and allow to cool slightly before pouring over the cream cheese glaze. Enjoy!