Serves: 4 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 4 tablespoon unsalted melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Start by making the pancakes. Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Flour, baking powder salt and stir, then add the egg, oil and milk. Mix until incorporating all ingredients. Be careful to not overmix the batter. Set aside.
- To make the glaze, sift the caster sugar in a bowl, add the vanilla essence, melted butter and mix well. Add the milk and stir. Set aside.
- To make the swirl, add the brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and stir well. Add to a piping bag and set aside.
- Heat a nonstick pancake pan at medium heat, spread melted butter throughout with a kitchen towel and add 1 scoop of the pancake batter to the pan. Wait 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to form on top of the batter, then make a small hole on the piping bag and make a swirl with the mixture. Leave for 15 seconds and turn with a spatula, leave for more 10 seconds and remove. Place in a serving plate.
- Repeat the process with all the batter and swirl mixture.
- With a spoon, top the glaze to the pancakes and serve immediately.