Serves: 12-14 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Spice up your sugar cookie mix by making Cinnamon Swirl Cookies. They look like cinnamon rolls, taste like happiness, and are fun and easy to make!
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, flour, egg, and softened butter. Stir until dough forms.
- Slightly knead the dough on a floured surface. Grab a little more than one tablespoon of dough and roll it into a line. Covered with cinnamon sugar (more or less, depending on your preference), and roll to create a cinnamon roll shape. Place on a lined and greased baking tray. Continue until the dough is finished.
- Brush cookies with melted butter and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
- While cookies cool, make your glaze. Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extra until the glaze is smooth. Add milk in batches, to achieve the perfect consistency.
- Decorate cookies with glaze, serve Cinnamon Swirl Cookies, and enjoy!