- 3-5 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons
- 1- 30 oz can refried beans
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup or one small can sliced black olives
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Corn or tortilla chips
Classic 7 Layer Dip is a must-try if you haven’t had this before. Filled with 7 layers of pure heaven, this dish has everything you want and more. From top to bottom you will find this seven layer dip astonishing and an experience. So get ready for the ride. This dish works as an appetizer to begin a party or you could make it for lunch/dinner, either way, it’s great. You can easily make it for big or small crowds, simply make it in a bigger tray and arrange it so you can feed more people. People will be asking for more and more, so you better just make a big tray right on.
Even though it has 7 layers, and looks difficult, it’s quite simple. The only thing you will do is to prepare the 7 layers you choose for it (You can mix them up, remove anything you don’t like, and replace it with something else.) It’s as simple as arranging, each layer, placing one on top of the other, and placing it in the oven if you have something that needs heating and serves with some tortillas or nachos.
The best thing about this recipe is that if you have any leftovers you can simply store them and heat it the next day, it’s great for a quick breakfast or late meal. For this recipe, we won’t be using meat, but you can easily make a layer of ground beef. Prepare guacamole by mashing your peeled avocados with lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and a touch of Tabasco. Chop your veggies, tomato, and onions and in a separate bowl mix sour cream mixed with mayonnaise, and taco seasoning.
The first layer will be our refried beans on our platter then spread the guacamole nice and evenly. Make sure to leave some space around the edges, then add the sour cream on top of your guacamole, make sure to leave some space around the edge, then you can assemble remaining layers as you please. Tomatoes and onions can be made the next layer, your black olives and top it with cheddar cheese, you could eat it right away like that, but we all love the texture of our melted cheese, so sometimes it is nice to place it on the oven or microwave for a couple of minutes. And remove once the cheese is melted, this is a dish that can be enjoyed both warm and cold. But once you warm it up you won’t want to have it cold. Serve with nachos or corn tortillas and enjoy!
- Peel, pit and smash avocados in a medium size bowl. Add lemon or lime juice, salt and garlic. Add Tabasco to taste. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Mix sour cream, mayo and taco seasoning together in small bowl, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble dip, spread refried beans on a large platter. Top with avocado mixture, leaving a 1 inch space around the edge.
- Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the avocado layer, again, leaving a 1 inch layer around the edge. Sprinkle remaining ingredients on top and serve with tortilla chips.
- If not serving immediately, place in refrigerator, covered until ready to serve up to 6 hours before serving.