Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 6 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- Place the oil, onions, celery, and carrots in a large pot. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and oregano and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook for 9 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the chicken. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container.